T-Mobile upgrade eligibility requirements:
- Not all existing T-Mobile customers qualify for contract extensions.
- You must be in month 22 or later of your contract (if you have an existing 2 year T-Mobile contract)
- If you currently have a 1 year contract, you must be in month 11.
- If you are off contract completely, then you should be eligible unless T-Mobile decides otherwise (based on your account standing and other factors)
- You must be a post-paid customer renewing on a post-paid plan (i.e., Flexpay, SmartAccess, and Prepaid are not eligible because they are not "post paid" plans).
- You must be on a $39.99 or higher plan ($59.99 or higher if you are on a family plan).
- Your existing T-Mobile account must be in good standing.
- You need to order a new T-Mobile device (no unlocked or non T-Mobile branded products).
- You must extend your T-Mobile contract for 2 years.
Limitations: In all cases, however, you might be limited to T-Mobile upgrades based
on your previous usage history, payment history, and phone replacement history with T-Mobile.
Upgrade eligibility is solely determined by T-Mobile Mobility at its discretion.